Hey everyone! I decided to do something fun for the next couple months and kind of have a theme for what I want to read! I don’t really know if someone else has started this or done this before but I’m doing a thing called Series September where I try and reads books to finish off a few series that I’ve started and haven’t finished.
The only rule for this for me is that I want this month to focus on finishing series rather than starting. That’s for another month!
If you want to follow along and do this as well I would love for you to join me!
I mentioned some of the books below in a previous post which I’ll link here for you to check out: Series I Really Want to Finish this Year; but these are the books that I hope to read for Series September:
- Frost like Night by Sara Raasch This is to finish up the Snow like Ashes series that I started and haven’t finished! It’s one of those things where it’s like I want to read it but I’m so invested that I’m scared how it’s going to turn out! I do love this series though and I’m excited to see where the ending takes us!
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. Another one of those books where I’m so scared to end it but I really want to at the same time. I’m planning on listening this book on audible because I love the audiobook and I feel like since I’ve listened to the first three on audiobook I should do the same for the last one!
- Thunder Road series by Katie McGarry. I’ve read the first one and really loved it so I really want to try to finish the series! It’s a YA featuring motorcycle gangs which I love! The first book was really good so I hope to get to the last two books during this readathon!
4. Captive Prince trilogy by C S Pacat. I’ve read the first book in this series, as seems to be the norm for me, and so I hope I get to binge the last two! I’ve been wanting to but for some reason I just never picked them up. I don’t know why….but I need to fix that!
5. So the next books on my list aren’t all part of the same series, but they are books I want to finish if I want to complete their specific series. They are the the Christina Lauren books! I’ve read most of their books but I somehow got behind on these and I hope this month will give me a chance to catch up because they have a new book coming up in a few weeks! I’ll leave the summary of their next book and the cover below!
I’m still torn about reading their standalones this month so I might save some of them for next month, since they’re not a series or apart of a series but maybe I’ll read them and count them anyways.
Beautiful Series: I only have three of these left before I finish the series! Im super excited and hope I love them as much as I have the previous ones. I will be honest, my favorite couple is Bennett and Chloe so I hope they’re really present in these last few books.
Wild Seasons: I just have one left in this series to read and I hope to get to it as well!
Autoboyography: Fangirl meets Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda in this funny and poignant coming-of-age novel from New York Times bestselling author Christina Lauren about two boys who fall in love in a writing class—one from a progressive family and the other from a conservative religious community.
Three years ago, Tanner Scott’s family relocated from California to Utah, a move that nudged the bisexual teen temporarily back into the closet. Now, with one semester of high school to go, and no obstacles between him and out-of-state college freedom, Tanner plans to coast through his remaining classes and clear out of Utah.
But when his best friend Autumn dares him to take Provo High’s prestigious Seminar—where honor roll students diligently toil to draft a book in a semester—Tanner can’t resist going against his better judgment and having a go, if only to prove to Autumn how silly the whole thing is. Writing a book in four months sounds simple. Four months is an eternity.
It turns out, Tanner is only partly right: four months is a long time. After all, it takes only one second for him to notice Sebastian Brother, the Mormon prodigy who sold his own Seminar novel the year before and who now mentors the class. And it takes less than a month for Tanner to fall completely in love with him.
6. So this series is a maybe series that I may get to this month but not 100% sure I will yet. I figured I would include it anyways though. I really want to finish the Study series by Maria V Snyder. I loved the first two but I just never got around to picking up the rest of the series. The only issue is that I don’t remember much since I read it over a year ago I believe, so I might have to reread them….Might not read this series this month but we shall see! I’ll update you all at the end of the month of that.
I don’t know what else I’ll be reading this month but I know I have some ARCs to read and reviews to post for them so I’ll also be reading them along with these books I have on this post.
Let me know if you plan on joining me and what series you plan to read and finish this month down in the comments as I would love to know! I’ll see you all in my next post!